Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Last night I dreamt about Cranberry Sauce.


I was searching frantically through this big high school, where all the children looked to be about ten years old. I ducked into one room, and it was the kitchen of the home I grew up in, post-house fire. I resumed my frenzied quest for cranberry sauce, but either the cupboards were empty, or all I could find were cans of whole berry, which as everyone knows, are totally disgusting.

So I woke up uncomfortable (my back is still a bit achy from the Kidney episode I have yet to blog about), and slightly dream-mad/frustrated, to the sound of a toddler screaming. Boyfriend, however, was a champ. G's step son had made us both stir. Boyfriend kissed the side of my forehead and asked, "How are you feeling?" (He's doing really well with the whole Lori-is-sick thing.)

To which I replied, "My back's a little achy. And I dreamt of cranberry sauce."

And Boyfriend sleepily mumbled, "There's some in the pantry," and snuggled closer.
So now I have a snuggly Boyfriend next to me as I blog, and a can of Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce chilling in the fridge. Life is perfect.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I always require the jelly cranberry sauce. It has been much easier now that I do Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner to make sure jelly is provided. :)

Jelly is the bomb.

Only kind of whole berry that I ever tried and liked was the fresh Cranberry-Orange sauce from Trader Joe's. And even then it had to be served with equal parts jelly.

Cranberries are good for your urinary tract and at least some claim it helps prevent kidney stones. So there may be something to your cranberry sauce craving, more than your usual craving.

About Me

My Photo
Lori
Seattle, United States
During this course of study, you will come to learn much about the strange eating, sleeping and mating habits of the Instrospective Lori under stress. We will observe as she moves halfway across the country to start a life with her own Captain Wentworth, takes a year off of work to pursue a writing career, and incessantly references Jane Austen.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Followers