Friday, February 19, 2010
When I watch TV, I like to make an event out of it. When I was a teenager, Tuesday was vampire night. We watched Buffy and ate steak with garlic toast. I also like themed parties and wearing costumes for absolutely no reason except that I want to. There's something liberating in behaving spontaneously.

There's also something quite enjoyable about doing something so counterproductive that it becomes satirical. Like what I do on Tuesdays now. I've been watching Biggest Loser since it premiered, but have been fanatical (watch it every week, DVRing if necessary) about it since Season 4. I also have the biggest girl crush on Jillian Michaels. That has nothing to do with this blog, but it's totally true.

I even tried out for the Biggest Loser with my brother. We made it past the first audition and got called back, only to be told we weren't really fat enough. Which I guess is a compliment...? Ever since then, I've discovered how much fun it is to eat ridiculously unhealthy food while watching the fatties cry and fall down. Seriously. Try it next Tuesday. Grab a carton of ice cream, a spoon, and your remote control. You will enjoy the show ten times more.

Today, I watched my DVRed Project Runway... while eating Chinese take-out, straight from the carton. Oh, delicious contradiction.

1 comments:

Tiny Elvis said...

Yes, it was a compliment. lol

And I do enjoy making an event out of shows I watch. During last season's "Hell's Kitchen", I would try a new recipe from the Food Network website every week to eat during the show. And if it turned out bad, at least I'm not being told I suck on national tv.

About Me

My Photo
Lori
Seattle, United States
During this course of study, you will come to learn much about the strange eating, sleeping and mating habits of the Instrospective Lori under stress. We will observe as she moves halfway across the country to start a life with her own Captain Wentworth, takes a year off of work to pursue a writing career, and incessantly references Jane Austen.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Followers